Sunday 17 November 2013

Leisl Woolmonger, Award of Arms, 2013

What joy since that day I do get
Since Leisl Woolmonger I first met;
A tireless worker of good fame,
Brings much honour to her name.
Site hunter, token-maker, and teacher
Ardchreag would be lost without her;
Of her sacrifice there is no dearth,
These are the things that show her worth.

Let it be known that We, Nigel king, and Adrielle queen, do look fondly upon our subject Leisl Woolmonger, and in recognition of her deeds do present her with an Award of Arms. Done this 16th day of November, in Our Canton of Ardchreag, at the Kingdom Arts and Sciences Faire.

By THLaird Colyne Stewart, based on Onud’s stave in Grettir’s Saga, 13th or 14th century, transl. William Morris & Eirikr Magnusson, 1900.


"What joy since that day can I get
When shield-fire's thunder last I met;
Ah, too soon clutch the claws of ill;
For that axe-edge shall grieve me still.
In eyes of fighting man and thane,
My strength and manhood are but vain,
This is the thing that makes me grow
A joyless man; is it enow?"

No comments:

Post a Comment