1. In the first place the king Nigel and his queen Adrielle, by thee counsel of all his barons, for the preservation of peace and the observing of justice, has decreed that an inquest shall be made throughout the separate counties, and throughout the separate hundreds, through twelve of the more lawful men of the hundred, and through four of the more lawful men of each township, upon oath that they will speak the truth: whether in their hundred or in their township there be any person who, since the lord king has been king, has not been recognized for their skill in the arts and sciences.
2. And in the case of a person who has not been recognized for their skill, they will be so recognized.
3. And let it be known that the barons and lawful men having named such a person, will have that person so recognized.
4. And further let is be known that such a person is Orla O’shannahan who was shown great aptitude in the fields of jewelry making, metal smithing, dancing, fiber arts, vinting, and weaving.
5. The lord king and queen therefore wish to bestow upon Orla O’shannahan an Award of the Orion.
6. And let it be recorded that such was done on the Feast Day of St. Alfred the Great, in the Shire of Trinovantia Nova, at Crown Tournament, in the year AS48.
By THLaird Colyne Stewart, based on the Assize of Clarendon, 1166.