Friday 18 October 2013

Quitclaim of lands and Arms by Walter Haywode To John Fromond (12 March 1402/3)

To all faithful in Christ to whom the present writing shall come, Walter Haywode, of Stratfeld Say greeting in the Lord. Know ye that I have remitted, released & wholly of & for me and my heirs quitclaimed to John Fromond, his heirs and assigns for ever my whole state, right and claim, which I had, have or in any way in future may have of and in all and singular the lands, tenements, rents, reversions and services with their appurtenances, which the aforesaid John has and holds in fee by the gift and grant of me, the said Walter and Thomasine my wife, in Stratfeld Say and Bromle, in county Southampton and Redyng in county Berkshire, likewise and in the arms from the Conquest always borne by the tenants of the fee, lands and tenements of Haywode in Stratfeld Say aforesaid, to have, hold and bear all and singular the abovesaid lands, tenements, rents, reversions and services, with their appurtenances, together with the aforesaid arms, lands and tenements of Haywode belonging, to the aforesaid John Fromond his heirs & assigns well & in peace by right of heritage of and for me & my heirs quietly & absolutely for ever of the chief lords of those fees by the rents and services therefor due and of right accustomed.And I, the aforesaid Walter and my heirs will warrant, acquit & defend all and singular the aforesaid lands, tenements, rents, reversions and services with their appurtenances, together with the aforesaid arms of Haywode, to the aforesaid John Fromond, his heirs and assigns against all men in all future time. In witness whereof to this present writing, I, the aforesaid Walter have put my seal. Given on the morrow of St. Gregory the Pope, in the 4th year of the reign of King Henry the Fourth after the Conquest.

in Collection of Miscellaneous Grants, Harleian Society, 1925 (translated from Latin)


No comments:

Post a Comment